CLIVE'S CUMBRIAN WAY EVENT INFORMATION - 9TH - 10TH JUNE 2018The interest to participate in Clives, in recent years has grown beyond our hopes and expectations both at a local and at a national level and although this is extremely satisfying it all so creates challenges to ensure we offer everyone an equal opportunity to participate.
Coupled with this challenge has been the requirement to ensure Clive's remains a financially viable event that supports well deserved local charitable causes but also ensuring a value for money for all participants.
With these two major challenges in mind in 2018 we are going to adopt a revised entry system and revised approach to raising funds for our charitable causes.
Firstly, to ensure value for money is secured the entry fee for 2018 will increase slightly to £135.00, and will include all the benefits of previous years e.g. CCWay jersey, all food during ride, hotel costs etc and we are adamant we will not reduce our standards to provide the best ride support of any event.
However the charitable contribution that was absorbed within the entry fee in previous years has now been extracted and a separate but compulsory payment of £25 will be required at entry. All of the funds raised through this method will go directly to the charities, making the annual contribution from Clive's of £2,000 (fully subscribed event).
Secondly, to offer everyone an equal opportunity to participate for Clive's 2018 we are no longer able to provide entry on a first come first served basis.
We will be adopting a 'ballot type' entry system, the same system that other popular events have applied to manage their entries. e.g The Fred Whitton and RideLondon.
However we really appreciate and recognise the loyal and long standing support given by many cyclists both locally and nationally over many years. For this group we reserve the right to safe guard their entries for 2018 if required.
We are limited to 80 places each year and received nearly triple that number to ride in 2017, current entry forecast is expected to exceed 2017 inquires. Naturally participations who don't gain entry will;
1. Be placed on the reserve list and
2. Have their entry fee and charitable contribution returned.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
The cost of Clive's Cumbrian Way 2018 is £135 plus £25 compulsory charitable donation, two-day event includes:
- All food and drinks on route on the 9th and 10th of June 2018.
- Bed and evening meal (3 course carvery) at the Cumbria Grand Hotel on the night of the 9th June 2018.
- Breakfast at the Cumbria Grand Hotel on the morning of the 10th June 2018.
- Fully marked route with support riders and 3 van support vehicles.
- Designated van cycle mechanical support through Cyclewise of Cockermouth.
- 3 designated food stops.
- Clive Cumbrian Way Cycle jersey presented on Saturday evening.
- End of ride carvery dinner at the Mitchells Auction House.
- Full insured event through British Cycling.
- Escorted parade of riders through Cockermouth Town to Mitchells Auction House to mark end of ride.
- Designated rider groups based on ability.
- Ability to swap between groups at early food stations.
- Road bike only Mountain bikes and Cross bikes are not suitable for this event.
- Cycle helmet must comply with ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards.
- Riders must carry 2 drink bottles, a multi tool, 2 replacement inner tubes (if appropriate) and suitable wet weather clothing, ID and a small amount of money.